July is Juvenile Idiopathic Arthritis (JIA) Awareness Month
As July is Juvenile Idiopathic Arthritis (JIA), International Awareness Month, we want to raise awareness of ALL auto-immune diseases by educating and informing friends, family, schools, employers, and the greater population about JIA.
- JIA affects not just joints, but it can affect other organs too!
- JIA is NOT like Osteoarthritis in old people.
- JIA is the immune system attacking a child/teenager’s joints etc, causing swelling, and stiffness.
- JIA is an auto-immune disease.
- JIA is diverse and can fluctuate from morning to afternoon to night, and from day to day. No two days are the same!